Here’s what Chevron’s tests showed:
- All but one facility had contaminated water discharge into creeks and streams.
- Hydrocarbon contamination at all facilities and a majority of drilling sites
- Water waste was historically discharged into surface water.
- “An oil spill prevention and control plan was not identified. The audit teams also did not observe any spill control or containment equipment.”
- Rather than cleaning chemical or hydrocarbon spills, the oil company covered the spills with sand.